SIP trunking is not a new technology, but nevertheless, continues to be a popular option for businesses looking to reduce telecom expenses. SIP Trunking allows businesses to move away from costly PSTN POTS lines and T1/PRI Trunks to take advantage of the cost savings VoIP promises, while gaining other significant advantages as well. Here are 6 benefits SIP trunking provides:
1. LOW COST – We said it already, but it deserves the number one rank. SIP trunking drastically reduces the costs of making calls. Many businesses have been able to reduce their phone bills by 25% or more.
2. RAPID ROI – with little to no CapEx requirements, your business can see an immediate Return on Investment since SIP trunks can be plugged directly into your existing IP-PBX.
3. CONVERGENCE – SIP trunking further reduces costs by eliminating the need for separate voice and data connections, converging both voice and data together.
4. BUSINESS CONTINUITY – SIP Trunking is very reliable and can be utilized as a cost-effective back-up solution to your existing PSTN lines/trunks in the event of a disaster.
5. RAPID DEVELOPMENT – Instead of waiting for weeks or months to add a traditional PSTN line or trunk, SIP Trunks can be added in a matter of hours, giving businesses the ability to quickly and cost-effective add capacity as they need it.
6. STEPPING STONE TO UC – SIP Trunking is often viewed as a stepping stone to Unified Communications, allowing businesses to get comfortable with voice and data convergence. The next step is expanding the horizons of UC and implementing a solution such as Skype for Business, with IM, presence, web meetings and more.
SIP trunking offers enterprises the benefits of converged communications with substantial cost savings. SIP trunking can generate a sizable and timely ROI. If you have not considered this for your business communications, and are still reliant upon costly PSTN calling, learn more about AltiGen’s SIP Trunking solutions and how they can benefit your business HERE.