The Quality Assurance team plays a vital role in the development process at AltiGen Communications. We are seeking an experienced Senior Software QA Lead to be a member of our team focused on testing AltiGen’s advanced IP PBX and Call Center products and applications at our San Jose, California headquarters. This individual will apply their experience and skills in key areas including leading and participating in testing efforts, developing tests and/or test tools, and designing new feature test plans to ensure our products operate per specification and provide an excellent user experience.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in all aspects of testing AltiGen’s MaxCS Cloud and Premise based IP PBX business communications and call center products.
- Creation, augmentation, documentation and execution of black/gray box, system, regression, scalability and performance test cases by translating high-level requirements into detailed workable test cases
- Capture, analyze, and summarize test results and provide detailed project status reports.
- Explore QA practices and processes and develop improvements in these areas
- Participate in software design and code reviews
- Lead in the design of QA lab test beds
- Assist in the develop automated test tools
- Record and track defects through the defect tracking system and drive to closure
- Provide technical analysis and data-driven reports to stakeholders
- BS or MS in CS/CE or related technical degree
- In depth knowledge in PBX, Call Center and VoIP related technologies
- 5+ years experience participating in and leading QA test projects on VoIP software/systems including all planning, scheduling, and tracking of projects
- Extensive IP networking and SIP hands-on and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Windows network and VMware and/or Hyper-V is a plus
- Prior software development experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills