Application Program Interface (API/SDK)
The AltiGen Software Developers Kit (SDK) is a program that allows software developers the ability to extend AltiGenï¿½s AltiContact Manager capabilities to provide custom business solutions. With AltiGenï¿½s unique hardware and system software architecture, you can enhance the AltiGen telephony server as well as client functionality without adding additional external hardware. This will speed up the delivery of the solution and reduce the cost of ownership.
Application Process Control Module (APC)
For advanced server side call control application, like Advanced IVR, Outbound Dialing, Alerting, and Notification. The APC module allows you to build sophisticated add-on applications with the following
- Make outbound trunk calls and detect call progression tones, fax/modem/voice/busy/ring back.
- Ring an extension and transfer a call.
- Collect two trunk calls.
- Play voice files.
- Record voice to a file.
- Record a conversation.
- Switch call in and out of music on hold mode.
- Attach additional data along with a call.
- Logon to AltiServ to retrieve all workgroupsï¿½ and extensionsï¿½
- events with administrator security right.
Client Call Control Module (Call Control)
This module allows you to build a customized call control client. You can build the screen pop capability into your client application or a third-party client application with MaxCommunicator or MaxAgent type of call control and monitor capability. It contains the following capabilities:
- Dial, answer, hold, pickup conference and make call.
- Transfer call to external, extension, voicemail or IVR/AA.
- Set UserData that can be logged into CDR DB or transferred to another agent/extension.
- Push URL to a Webcall.
Real-Time Status Monitor Module (RTM)
The RTM module can be used to build an application for reader board display, to send alert to supervisor on workgroup status, or be part of custom agent/supervisor desktop application. The RTM module can be used for server side or client side applications to get the following workgroup real-time status:
- Current number of calls in queue.
- Total wait time in queue.
- Number of agents belong to group, currently logged in, how many ready, how many in wrap up, how many busy.
- Number of calls waiting in queue longer than service threshold.
- Total call abandoned in queue.
- Total call abandoned during ringing.
Data Directed Routing Module (DDR)
The primary purpose for the DDR module is to help routing situations that system routing and the AltiGen CallRouter cannot accomplish. Although this module has some capability to perform IVR type applications, it is not recommended to use DDR as an IVR development tool. The DDR module has the following capabilities:
- Perform call control functions like transfer, play prompt, disconnect and collect digits
- Set IVRData and UserData
This module is used to retrieve or modify system and extension configuration information from your external application. Most of the system configurations are read only. Some extension configuration information can be changed from the external application.
Voicemail Module (VM)
This module can be used to manage a voicemailbox. Custom applications can retrieve voicemail
information, play voicemail, change voicemail attributes and delete voicemail.
Development Environment and Sample Codes
Currently the AltiGen SDK supports VB, VC++, Delphi and other development environments supporting COM. To reduce your development time, the SDK package includes the following sample code for your reference.
- Logon sample
- LineInfo sample
- Client call control sample
- IVR sample
- RTM sample
- Config sample
- Event Monitor sample
- voicemail Management sample
- APC Sample