Mobility for Lync Server 2010
The industry's first communication docking station, the iFusion SmartStation, enables a
smartphone to be used as
a true business-class
Overview of MaxMobile Server 2011The MaxMobile Server can be installed All-In-One (up to 1000 users), or the server roles may be separated to facilitate high availability and maximum scalability (up to 150,000 users).
When a redundant server is activated in the MaxMobile Server architecture, the Front-End Server automatically load balances the traffic between the servers, without the need for a hardware load balancer.
• Front-End Server: Web Admin GUI, provisioning, redundancy, license control
• Mobile Application Server: Registrar, contact management, presence indication
• Media Server: G.711 and G.729 codec resource management, transcoding
• MaxMobile Proxy Server: Registers to Lync via SIP/UCMA/ Trusted Application
• Visual Voicemail Server: Exchange 2010 UM sync
Because the MaxMobile smartphone client has the ability to call via the PSTN or the embedded SIP Stack over WiFi, the Administrator has the option to restrict usage to GSM/CDMA Only (more secure but uses minutes in a cell plan), VoIP Only (is as secure as the WiFi connection, but does not use minutes on the cell plan), or the unrestricted selection of Auto-Select (selected by the user at the time of the call).
• Extend Lync voice, instant messaging & presence to the user's existing device
• End user & administrator ease of use
• Active Directory "No Touch" group provisioning
• Native integration to Lync